This is one of those recipes that I found on a box somewhere – but I have no idea what box it came from. The picture looked good, so I decided to try it. And it is delicious! I have made it quite a few times, and it never disappoints.
Chinese Chicken Bake
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained thoroughly
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) reduced fat or regular condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine margarine and onion powder. Gradually add cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. Set aside.
Combine pineapple, chicken, soup, celery, green onion, and soy sauce. Stir in 1 cup reserved cereal mixture. Pour into ungreased 2-quart backing dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1-1/2 cups cereal mixture.
Bake 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 335 calories, 31.5g carbohydrate, 23g protein, 12.5g fat, 66mg cholesterol, 1024mg sodium, 1g dietary fiber.