Exactly two weeks from today, I will be entering another decade of life… the 30s. Honestly, it seems a bit crazy to me – how did I get this old? I certainly don’t feel it. I mean, aren’t I supposed to feel like an adult this point? I don’t feel like an adult most days, and I know I definitely don’t act like an adult! So how did I get this far?
Looking back my life has been quite a journey up to this point. Here are just a few of the milestones:
- Feeling the need to see the world I left small-town life, graduating high school in 1999, and headed of to Chicagoland for college. I spent four amazing years absorbing all I could at Trinity, and made some wonderful friends.
- Spent three fun-filled summers working at Camp Manitoqua.
- With the college choir, I traveled throughout the Midwest, New York, Canada, California, and Arizona.
- Participated in a college interim course where we traveled to Turkey and Greece to see the seven cities from Revelation and the island of Patmos.
- Moved to Sterling, IL to work in youth ministry for just over a year. There, I met my good friend Anne.
- Moved to Sioux City, IA to work in youth ministry for another year. Got involved in a great singles group, and made so many dear friends. Lost my dear friend Kim (from camp) to cancer. Worked for Alpha Omega homeschooling company for 2.5 years.
- Went to Tecate Mexico on mission trips 3 different summers.
- On my 27th birthday, got news that my dad had a stroke, so traveled home to be with my family, and two days later he passed away.
- Saw God do an amazing work of forgiveness and reconciliation in my life with my dad, just over a year before he passed away.
- A few months later found myself moving back to IL. Worked as a substitute teacher, classroom aide, at Curves, and custodian.
- Spent the summer of 2009 in Knoxville, TN doing an internship with Infusion Ministries. Traveled to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina to video tape the main messages of the ministry.
- Moved back home for 9 months to support raise, before moving back to Knoxville in the spring of 2010. Took Mom to see the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga.
- Traveled to Israel with the ministry to see the Holy Land. (See the Israel category to read about those adventures!)
I can’t wait to see what the next decade holds – the places God will take me and the things I will see. I am sure I will have many more adventures to share with you. So here’s to the 30’s!